What I Ate Wednesday

Spooky Snacks and Healthy Halloween Treats


I've got a few spooky treats for my WIAW this week. First of all, I made a delicious green monster smoothie for breakfast that looks as green as the Hulk and tastes nothing like spinach. It's been Riley's favorite new smoothie, and she asks for it almost every day. My other spooky snack is a light vanilla ice cream with hot mulled apple cider poured over it. I'm pretty happy with these two healthy snacks since I've been cutting out junk food, sugar, dairy, and most carbs lately. Basically, I've just been trying to eat clean as much as possible. I've got two cakes to bake this weekend that aren't at all for me so I can get into my happy place without sacrificing my diet. That being said, I also made sugar cookie dough for fall cookie baking with Riley, and I may just have to eat a few of those. 

You can scroll through the picture version of my day of eats, because you know you don't want to read. If you do then you can read everything down at the bottom.












Breakfast was a half bottle of Synergy kombucha's Trilogy flavor (my fav) and a green smoothie made with a banana, flax meal, spinach, blueberries, and almond milk. A medium pumpkin latte made up my snack. For lunch I made a blackened salmon salad with baby romaine, tomatoes, and my homemade asian sesame dressing. Dinner was sauteed kale with pecans, roasted butternut squash, and tomato cucumber salad. For dessert I made some mulled apple cider and put some of it over light vanilla ice cream

4 Response to What I Ate Wednesday

October 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I'm loving the kale and salmon. Anything "blackened" or "roasted" is so good :)

October 17, 2012 at 2:42 PM

That salad looks so good! Yum!

Anonymous
October 17, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Love blackened salmon & yours looks fantastic!

October 18, 2012 at 9:46 PM

that kombucha flavor is my fave, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes